Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The eyes of Texas just dimmed

Okay, this post will not be very insightful but rather a venting...28 years ago, Bob and I came to Texas and fell in love with this state. The sky seemed always blue, the people were friendly, housing was cheap. Lots of reasons. After growing up an Oakland Raiders fan (George Blanda had the same last name as my family, so we always thought there was a chance we were related!), I became a Cowboys fan. What was not to like? They had a great coach in Tom Landry, a superb quarterback in Roger Staubach and hey, they were America's team. We were proud to be Texans. But sad to say, today I am embarrassed. Embarrassed by an owner who puts winning above the dignity and character of a team. T.O....need I say more?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I will not cheer for the Cowboys. I'll cheer for every team playing againt them. Better than that bring on baseball. Go Rangers!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Work in Progress said...

Hey, fill me in. What happened?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Work in Progress said...

Okay, my pals, Robert and Stephanie, informed me of the tragedy tonight.

That's just disgusting.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home