Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Davises Do Disney

Okay, because you asked...Disney was alot of fun, but different this time around. Bob and I got to cover ALOT of ground. We motored through the parks at a pretty fast clip. Since we'd been there before several times, we knew what we wanted to see. We got pretty good at maneuvering in and around double-wide strollers. We went to four parks in 2 1/2 days. The weather was sunny, but pretty warm. Since it was a spring break week, it was crowded. But we utilized the "Fast Pass" and didn't have to wait too long anywhere. We went to the Magic Kingdom first and did our favorites. We went on Buzz Lightyear four times!! We tried to better our score each time. I swear my laser gun wasn't working as fast as Bob's! Bob had to do better than the little kid in the seat in front of us. So he knocked him out of his seat half way through the ride! No, not really. Have to say, there really is something magical about the Magic Kingdom. I think that park had the most energy. The next day we went to Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Last time we were at Animal Kingdom, it had just opened and was not full of animals yet. This time the Jungle Safari was much more interesting. The newest ride, Everest, had a long line. And since I'm not a roller coaster girl, Bob didn't want to wait to go on alone. I told him to just snag a kid to ride with, but he might have been arrested for that. We went to Epcot next, and by special recommendation, tried the margaritas outside the Mexico pavillion. Bob decided to throw mine out after having to retrieve me from the lake! Man, they were potent! Seriously Pam, did you really finish yours??? Our favorite place to eat was in France. And what did we eat, sitting outside at a table, but cheese and grapes and our favorite, a chocolate croissant! It reminded us so much of France. I got up enough courage to go on the Soarin' ride. It was fun and I'd go on it again. Of course, next time I'll open my eyes. The next day we went to MGM and probably got to do the most at that park. The weather was perfect, not too warm. The crowds were manageable. We got to play "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Play It!" That was fun!!!!We were competing with the young couple next to us. He was beating Bob, so Bob knocked him out of his chair. No, not really. We spent the last night, St. Patty's Day, sitting at a table along the water in Downtown Disney, drinking wine and a rum runner. After I pulled Bob out of the lake, we went back to the hotel. No, not really. All in all, it was a fun trip. It was a bit different going without children. So much of Disney's magic is seen through the joy of children. But Bob and I had fun on our own time. There were many couples just like us there. Empty-nesters. Having a great time. Will we go back anytime soon?? Only with grandchildren. But no rush...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, michelle just pulled me out of the lake. what did i miss?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Work in Progress said...

Oh, madre, I've got tears. You make me laugh.

Yeah, I totally finished that margarita. John wasn't aware that he should have stopped me, and he wouldn't have been able to pull me out of the lake, because he was sippin' on a dark beer from Germany. We were both a little tipsy, but we were taking the monorail home; we had our designated driver.

I'm jealous of the Buzz Lightyear fun...John and I both loved that ride, but it was closed when we were there.

We'll certainly go back when you've got grandkids, but since it will be about 10 years before any possible kids are old enough to go to Disney, I think we should take an adults-only trip as a family. Maybe even just for a couple days...you know, visit G-ma and G-pa Blanda, too.

I'm glad you're back. See you in three weeks?

8:39 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

MGM had the most energy to me...but I think it's because I was up for rides that day. The Rock and Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror were the BEST. And, I was on Millionaire's top 10 for about 5 questions in that game. It had the worst parade of them all...

...and what does it say if I remember the margaritas but don't even remember the lake?

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, Brent, your fingers must have been flying during the Millionaire's game! Top 10? Wow, I'm impressed. I almost got Bob to go back again for more. Yeah, see, Bob needed a roller coaster partner at WDW. He'd been on the Tower already with the kids, but I think the Aerosmith coaster was new. And, hey, we didn't even watch any of the parades this time. But we did wait an hour to see the Fantasmic show at MGM. And Pam, yes, I think I'd be up for an adult-only trip some time. We did see alot of empty-nesters with their adult "children." I missed you guys! Next time...

6:16 AM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Yea, Bob and Sue for blogging! Welcome to the blog community.

I LOVE Buzz Lightyear (maybe it's competetive thing in me). Is it bad to feel proud that you beat your 6 and 9 year old at that ride???

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we know a little bit about the competitive thing in our family. Totally understand! And John, Fastasmic was good, but I wouldn't have waited if we hadn't done all the rides that we wanted to do. If there were places left undone, no, it would not have been worth it. There were actually moments that I think would have been rather scary for young children. Of course, we weren't scared...

7:00 PM  
Blogger Work in Progress said...

But if you were scared, would you have jumped into Dad's lap and screamed like a 7 year old? That could have made a nice picture.

:)

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home