Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hi! Ho! Hi! Ho! It's Off to Camp I Go!

Well, I go to fifth grade science camp next week. For the first time. Ever. I didn't even go with my girls. Bob went with Steve. I declined. But here I am, years later, going to Camp Classen. I get to be in charge of handing out medications. I have a feeling that there's alot more meds going around these days than when Steve was in fifth grade. I'm going to be a very important person. Either that, or a very busy person. Going as a teacher, I don't have to room with the kids. Actually I think I would rather do that than room with some adults. Atleast I know I would probably have the bathroom to myself. Remember, these are just fifth graders, not high schoolers. I haven't started packing yet. I'm waiting for this Texas weather to make up it's mind. Is it spring or is it still winter?? I want to pack some good treats in case I need to do some bribing for good behavior. Any suggestions? Yeah, it will be fun. I've got a group of students that, though they are a handful at times, are funny and good-natured. They get my jokes. I like that. So yes, it's off to camp I go. I'm just glad it's not bathing suit weather.

7 Comments:

Blogger Work in Progress said...

I almost got to stay in the very new Davis cabin (it seemed suitable, since it was my last name), but a last minute addition to another group had us switching to, yes, the oldest, ugliest cabin that didn't even have a real mirror. Don't get me started on the toilet. Oh, but camp was fun. And I remember when you and dad came to visit. And I got pink eye that week. And we saw a rattle snake. And it rained one day.

oh, mom, even as a teacher, you're gonna have fun!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Better you than me. (Although I did like Pine Cove...but I'm very fond of middle schoolers.) I agree with Becca - sugar is always a hit. But if it's boys, you might want to try jerky. Both my boys left for camp with a bunch and came back with nada. It was quite popular. Have fun! I hope you DON'T see any rattlesnakes...YIKES!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the jerky's a great idea! I know the boys in my class like it alot. I've already been warned about bringing sugar into the cabin. Seems all the bugs find it. But maybe if I wrap it good enough...

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one time at camp classen i took a picture of a waterfall, disected an owl pellet, put on a funny skit and almost went out with a boy!!! it was the greatest week of my life though the details are fuzzy...

i wish i could remember the name of the cabin i was in like becca and pam, but i can't. does this mean i'm getting old?

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean you almost went out with a boy??? And I thought all I had to worry about was snakes.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know...

like a note from a boy that says, "will you go with me?" circle yes or no

some notes even have a maybe

6:00 PM  
Blogger Work in Progress said...

WELCOME BACK, MADRE!!!

I'm sure you're ready to sleep for days...

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home