Sunday, April 02, 2006

A servant and a snake

I have been blessed with a great daughter-in-law. Let me tell you what Michelle did for me today. She wanted to help me as I worked in the yard today. So she offered to help me weed a bed of English ivy. She said working in the garden relaxes her. I agreed. As she went to pull her first weed, I hear her scream (just a little) and jump back. There was a snake in the ivy. Probably a garden snake. But a snake nonetheless. I thought that was it for the weeding. But no, she got right back down among the ivy and started weeding again. She just thought the snake crawled into a hole somewhere. After weeding, she cleaned the pool. Skimmed it, brushed it. Bob would be proud. While we were eating lunch, my mom called from Florida. When I picked up the phone, Michelle asked if she could answer it and talk to my mom. She actually wanted to say hello and chat with my mother. Can you see why my parents just love her? Anyway, I just had to blog about her today because she blesses me with the loving way she wants to serve others. I am very thankful the Lord brought her into Steve's life and ours.

5 Comments:

Blogger Work in Progress said...

Ummm...I never weeded the garden. I remember being taught how, but I was always confined to "inside duty" on cleaning days.

I do remember bringing home some "flowers" (weeds from an empty lot) for you, Mom, when I was about 6 years old. I'm sorry for that, now that it seems so counter-productive. :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

Again, I gotta ask: Why does the Davis house attract snakes?

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle is certainly a blessing to us all. Tell her that the Gators won the national championship, in the event it didn't get in the Dallas news. First time that any team from Florida has ever done that. Go Gators!!!!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, mom! that was very nice. Thanks for the encouraging note. I'm pretty hip on mish, too. She definitely blesses my life.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Free and Living said...

wow. this brought tears to my eyes. it feels good to be appreciated and loved. i love my new family!!!!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home