Saturday, December 16, 2006

Here we go a Christmas shopping

So here it is the last weekend before Christmas. I've got a long list of things to do, and I'm up at 6:30 on a Saturday. I didn't purposely get up this early, but I guess this is sleeping in when I usually wake up at 5:30 during the week. My mind told my body that I had things to accomplish today. I don't think Bob's mind told his body yet...he's still sleeping. But then he hasn't yet adjusted to the time change. He was in Japan and Vietnam for a whole week. He got home on Tuesday and went right back to work on Wednesday. So he's been a little weary. But we have a date at Einsteins this morning, so I'm sure he'll be waking soon. What lies ahead of him the rest of the day may be a bit daunting...last minute Christmas shopping. In the crowds, with the traffic...oh what fun it is to ride...on I35 today! But off we'll go because this is what we do. Last minute stuff. We didn't exactly plan right. We've never been those people who start buying presents in the spring and are finished before Thanksgiving. Where's the Christmas spirit in that? There's no Christmas music (although it does start playing in the stores earlier and earlier.) And I am crazy enough to think that Christmas shopping down to the wire is a great test of patience. And don't all of us need a lesson in that? I'll let you know how we do in another blog. So off we'll go, list in hand, coffee and panini filled, dashing through the crowds, laughing all the way, ha, ha, ha! Isn't that how the song goes?

3 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

I think it's funny that YOU think that shopping THIS Saturday is "down to the wire." Sue, NEXT Saturday is down to the wire. I'll finish up sometime next Thursday or Friday and figure that I'm ahead of the game!

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting in my chair enjoying some spiked Egg Nog.

*pats himself on the back for 3 consecutive Christmas blog entry comments using some variation of "spiked egg nog."*

9:46 AM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Well, we had a productive day of shopping and as a reward to Bob for being so patient, we went into Petland to look at the puppies. While we were there, we saw a poor little puppy named Spike get hit by an egg in the noggin. (That's a steathful use of the phrase "spiked egg nog." Courtesy of Bob, not me.)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent,

You must have had too much spiked egg nog because this was your 4th use of said phrase.

(do you have any left?)

Bob

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home