Sunday, November 05, 2006

Off to Camp...Again...Last Time

Tomorrow I leave for Camp Classen with the fifth graders. This will be bittersweet for the teachers and some parents. It's the last year for overnight camping in this district. Too bad. It really is a great week for the kids. I guess the opinions of the students, parents and teachers didn't make a difference in the decision made by the school board. I have a teacher friend who has gone to camp the last 10 years. She attended the committee meetings and voiced her opinion. The majority were in favor of camp. But it really didn't matter. The decision was made. Can you tell I'm a little bitter?
But I will look forward to this week. Though it may be rainy and muddy, we'll have a good time. Though my sciatic nerve flared up on me Monday and I'm on a steroid pack for inflammation, I'll have a good time. (Gotta be able to hike those trails!) It's all about the kids and making memories. So off to camp I go again. Pray for good weather. Pray for painless hiking (for me!). I hope I have lots of fun stories to blog about when I get back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to hear your stories from camp :)

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home