Thursday, January 04, 2007

A thought on prayer

"Pray till you believe God." I read this sentence this morning and it made me wonder...how have I been praying? Mark 11:24 says "When ye pray, believe." Again, I thought, do I not believe God will answer my prayers? Do I only hope God will answer my prayers, or do I know he will answer them? Knowing is different than hoping. Knowing is freeing. Knowing and believing lead me into rest. "For we which have believed do enter into rest." (Hebrews 4:3) I seek that restful place, that place where even though storms may be surrounding me, I can find a peace. Knowing God, knowing that He will answer my prayers, knowing His promises...it's what calms the unrest in my heart. For that I will always be thankful.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Have you read Yancey's book on prayer? It's really good - I really enjoyed it.

I started back with piano lessons today! Yay!!!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

No, I haven't. What's the title? I'd like to read it.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

"Prayer: Does it make any difference?" You are welcome to borrow my copy anytime! (I bought it at Sam's.)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home