Thursday, July 05, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again...in September!

Enough already! I'm waterlogged. The mosquitoes are setting up camp in my backyard. I want to move. I had a river running through my yard this week. A big 'ole frog came out of the garden and stayed on the patio, just watching the water rush by. Smart guy. He might have ended up in Dallas. It was not safe. I had water features in my backyard that I never even paid for. A few waterfalls over the rocks and shrub bed edging. In the 21 years we've lived here, I don't think I've ever seen the water flow so fast and hard on the property. My driveway has been a continuous mud puddle. Bob got out yesterday, again, to shovel the dirt that washed out of the garden onto the driveway. Prior to all this rain, back in the spring, we had planted a new shrub bed. Bob rented a tiller and prepared the soil. We planted a few things, but the bed wasn't complete. Then the rains came. And came. And came. Those poor little shrubs and trees couldn't take it all. So yesterday we had to bring back two dead trees to Lowes. I've also got some dead azaleas to bring back to Home Depot. I'm not replanting until the fall!

But we did get a nice little reprieve last night, just in time for fireworks. We didn't go see any, but we could hear them from the house. Bob and I went to see "License to Wed" yesterday afternoon. Cute, but definitely one to wait till DVD. Not one of Robin Williams' best works. If you're a fan of "The Office." you'll see Jim, Kevin, Angela and Kelly in the film. They pretty much play similar roles in the film as in the TV show. Wanda Sykes has a small funny spot, but she's definitely used more in "Evan Almighty," which, by the way, was very enjoyable. I know the reviews for that movie were not very good, but who really follows the critics?

Well, I hope we dry out soon. The cooler temps are nice, but the humidity is nasty. I really don't want to have to move!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Rochelle E. said...

ahhhh a movie?
in a movie theater?
on 4th of July?
hummmm it is the simple things...

Alas, Ich darf mein Hausaufgabe gemacht!

alas... I should do my homework.
:-)
that test we were talking about...
kein problem - no problem
God be praised!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Yeah!! Hurray! I'm so glad. You were in my prayers.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I agree about the rain. I feel waterlogged, too. Poor Grayson has had even more rain at Pine Cove this week. But I guess if you are 12, playing Commando in the rain is exciting. I answered your piercing question on my blog. Craig said that it's the wildest thing I've done since we've been married, but not as wild as if I gotten a tattoo. I told him if he'd get one, I'd get one, too. That stopped that conversation right there. =-)

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home