Friday, February 08, 2008

So now it's February...I haven't blogged since the end of December. For many reasons. Not much to blog about unless you think the following is blog-worthy...

We've been fostering dogs, one to start, then added one, now back to one. It's been an experience. At times I thought Bob and I were certifiably crazy. No, not just thought we were, knew. If anyone knows of a family with kids who want a very happy, affectionate, playful medium-sized dog, we have him. He'll be at the Adopt-a-Pet at Petsmart on Saturday the 9th. He came with the name Elvis, but we renamed him Toby.

I was sick with daily headaches, starting at Christmas time and lasting into January. Thankfully, they have subsided thanks to physical therapy and medical massage therapy. Apparently I have three herniated disks in my neck that could most likely have been causing the headaches. Oh, the pleasures of aging! As the headaches subsided, a cold followed. And just when I thought I was on the mend, a sinus infection developed, necessitating an evening trip to the local "doc in a box" for a steroid shot to the butt. All in the family...if you've read Pam's blog. Oh the hazards of being a teacher!

The up and down weather's about to drive me crazy. I know it's a factor in why my cold and sinus infection came and hung on. Today is absolutely lovely. Can it just stay like this for at least a week?

Pam's coming in tomorrow for a wedding to a friend she met while going through cancer treatment. We are looking forward to spending time with our middle "adult child." These times are very precious to me. I just wish there were more of them, but I'll enjoy everyone I get!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home