Sunday, December 02, 2007

I'm not sure what is worse...having your beloved family dog of nearly 14 years pass on...or telling your child, who is thousands and thousands of miles away in a foreign country, of the news and hearing her cry and not being able to hug her and comfort her. Either one is not a whole lot of fun. Realizing that it's a part of life that all of us as pet owners will most likely have to experience, well, that helps a bit, but it's still very sad. Life goes on with cherished memories, and we have many, many great ones of which we can be very thankful. Our dear Molly, our rescue dog in the spring of 1994, passed on suddenly, almost overnight, as her body just shut down. We loved her and she loved us. We hated to tell Becca while she was away in Italy, but we thought best to prepare her before she comes home this month. Life just sucks sometimes. How can you feel such joy one minute, and such sadness the next? But we were called to be resilent, to persevere, to go on, taking with us the wonderful memories, knowing God has more blessings in store for us as we seek Him. Our vet sent us a wonderful card with a saying I'd like to share...

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle...we would still live no other way.

Pray for us as we seek to find another dog. Molly can't be replaced, but we can offer a good home to another dog. We look forward to that. Becca, I hope you can too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Free and Living said...

insert sigh and heavy heart ... here.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

I'm sorry.

The McKinney's know that the good puppy dog is an important dynamic of the family, and I know all the Davis' will miss Molly.

And, I hope the search for another dog goes quickly and as smoothly as ours did.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Ohhhh....I'm so sorry. I still cry when I think about my sweet Bonnie or Domino who were members of our household for 14 and 7 years.

Sometimes life just sucks.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Robyn Rochelle E. said...

i'm so sorry.
I had to leave A.W. Tozer (cat) with Grant and miss him horribly. I've thought often of getting a dog, but then I talk myself out of it. I miss our Jubilee, and our MerriChristmas, and ... and...
The one thing I know - animals are good for the soul.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home