Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Isn't School Out Yet?

It's strange. It's June. And we're still in school. Something new for Texas. In years past, we didn't go back after Memorial Day. Summer started at that holiday. But this is different. We've been in school for two weeks after Memorial Day. The kids are tired. The teachers are tired. My brain is fried. I want to come home every day after school and just lay down. It's too hot to be in school. I know I'm whining, but please let me me. Just two more days. Then I'll be okay. Summer vacation officially starts June 6th.

Bob and I have some plans to see family this summer and that's always nice. Planning on visiting Steve and Mish in Portland in August. I think that will be a good plan. Should be a lot cooler up there in August than in Texas. The Texas heat seems to be more of a pain the older I get. I'm a 70 degree girl. 60's and 70's. Those are my temperatures. Kind of like the decades.

So here's to a cooler summer! Do you think we have a chance?

1 Comments:

Blogger Free and Living said...

right now, it's june in the 60's. it's really throwing me off...i'm used to the heat so i still feel like winter is here...and it's june! hopefully, it will stay in the 70's and 80's by august. when we moved here last september, it was blazing hot...i'm still figuring out what kind of weather is normal for portland.

school's almost out for summer!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home