Friday, July 04, 2008

The Pain of Being So Far From Home

I just feel the need to blog this and say how blessed Bob and I are to have the family and friends we have in our lives. Most of you know already, since I've been emailing all day, that Becca fell off a ladder at Pine Cove and fractured a vertebrae in her back. Playing "commando" of all things. Her duty was to be on the tower (20 feet high) with a megaphone. She loves that job. Well climbing up the ladder, it decided to give way, and down she went, landing with the megaphone hitting her head. So Bob gets a call at the office in the UK. (Did I say we were in London on business??) It's 3 a.m. Texas time, 9:00 am London time. I come into the office at 10:00. He doesn't want to tell me. I see this look on his face. I can tell something is wrong. He tells me Becca has called and that she's okay, "but..." My heart drops to my stomach. I get the sketchy details and of course, want more. But we are across the ocean and it's 4 in the morning in Texas. Good luck. Lord, I am now very thankful for Bob's blackberry. I initially hated the intrusion it had in our lives, but now am grateful that it can easily connect me across the ocean.

I am so thankful for the friends and family who offered to handle this for us in our absence. As of this writing, Dan and Donna are picking up Becca from Pine Cove. They are driving her car home and taking her to their house to recuperate temporarily. Pam asked for a week off from work, most likely without pay, but willing to work whatever over-time she needed to the following week. She will stay at our home with Becca.

I praise God for the family and friends He has surrounded us with. I know He has Becca in His hands. The pain of being so far away is still there, but we are comforted. Again, His faithfulness never ends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I'm so glad she's ok! How scary for you. As a mom I can sure understand how you must feel. Isn't it great that God put us in "community" with each other for help and encouragement when we need it??? Praying for Becca (and you!).

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home