Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The nest has been too quiet

It's been a week and a half since I saw Bob. He's been in Japan. This is the longest he's been away since we've been married, 27 years ago. I know some of you may say that's nothing to blog about. I know plenty of women that can't wait for their husbands to take a trip. But I'm not one of them. I hate the traveling, but sad to say, I've gotten used to it. But a week and a half is a long time to me. The house is quiet. Molly doesn't even bark back at me. All she wants is her treats. Then she goes back in her bed. She's not very good company. Steve and Mish have been great. They know I miss Bob. So they are coming over tonight to play dominoes. He's on a flight right now back to the states. He left Tokyo on Wednesday afternoon and arrives in Dallas on Wednesday morning. It'll be hard living the day over again. I'm hoping he'll blog (finally!) about his experiences in Japan. Sounded very interesting...

6 Comments:

Blogger Work in Progress said...

Mom, that's terrible! I had no idea you'd never been apart that long. I mean, I've lived with you most of your life together as a married couple, but I'd never thought about the number of days before.

I'm glad he's home soon. And that Steve and Mish have been hanging out with you. I'm jealous of their proximity.

And a week and a half is certainly worthy of complaining. I hope I'm never comfortable with too much time apart from my husband.

See you in just a week!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! pammie sue and hubby boo are here in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and dad d comes home today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Brent said...

27 years and you've only been apart a week and a half? Tracy and I have spent 3 weeks apart twice...and will do so again this summer. Weird.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent,
Yea, I can see where it would happen if my husband was in youth ministry. I've been fortunate that he and I haven't had to be apart for awhile. You know, it's all what you get used to. It's not so bad when the kids are still at home because they keep you really busy and occupied. It's a little different when it's just the two of you. But I'm thankful for my friends and family so life doesn;t get too lonely.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I think Craig and I have only been apart 2 weeks maybe twice in our 18 years of marriage. I am like you - I prefer him to be here, too.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Of course, being unemployed, he IS here all the time.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home