Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Something different for us...

Yesterday Bob and I did something out of the ordinary for us...we sat down and watched a video at 5:30 in the afternoon. Now, it wasn't the whole video watching that was unusual. We do that alot. Cheaper than the movies. No, it was the time of the day that we decided to stop everything and sit down for the next 2 hours or so to watch the movie. Usually at 5:30 Bob is sitting in traffic on LBJ Freeway on his way home from work. But yesterday he had stayed at home, still feeling the effects of a whopping sinus infection that thankfully waited until we got home from our trip. He was dragging, trying hard to get up enough energy to do some things, but he really needed to rest some more. So around 5:30 I said, "Let's watch a movie." His response, "Right now??" with this expression of unbelief on his face. But he quickly agreed. The thought of just sitting down in the big red (formerly green) chair appealed to him. So in went the video (The Producers). I have to say, the whole experience reminded me of a time, years ago when Steve was a baby. He was taking a nap (great napper!!) and it was 3:00 in the afternoon. I was finished with whatever household chores I had for that day and had some time to relax. I decided I wanted ice cream. So as I was sitting on my sofa, eating a bowl of ice cream, I thought at that moment that this is what it must be like as an adult. To be able to eat ice cream at 3:00 in the afternoon! Wow. I know that sounds silly, but at the time it was very liberating!
I think I need to live outside the box a little more if I think watching a video at 5:30 in the afternoon is out of the ordinary. What do you think??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

one morning I watched a movie on Turner Classic Movies. It was only 10 a.m. Then I watched another at 1 p.m. That set my activity level for the entire day. (of course, this happened since we moved to Lecanto.) Never had the time before. I should do that again very soon.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Yes, you definitely owe yourself that time!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home