Monday, July 24, 2006

Savoring the last moments

In my last post (which was, by the way, almost 2 weeks ago), I said something about a "let's cram everything in before summer ends" period. Well, that time is here. It's actually been here the last week or so, hence the lack of blogging. The last few weeks of my summer wasn't supposed to be busy. But somehow it got that way.

And now I have one more day at home before I leave to go see family up north. Bob, Becca and I will fly up to Philadelphia. We'll stay a bit with my brother Andy and Beth and Addison. Amelia's off at camp, so unfortunately we won't get to visit with her. We'll drive to the shore house in Strathmere, N.J. and see Bob's sister Suzanne and two of our nieces. We'll spend some time there at the beach with them and then later, on the weekend, Andy, Beth and Addison will join us in Strathmere. Bob's wrapping this vacation around work (or work around vacation, whatever), so he'll be traveling to Allentown, PA and Boston for day trips. Becca's flying back home before us to visit with Steve and Mish when they get back from Holland. Bob and I will then drive up to his folk's house in Bridgewater and bring them both back down the shore to Strathmere. We'll spend the rest of the week with them, but we will get to see Bob's brother Jim and his wife Randi before we fly back to Dallas. It's been three years since we've been up to New Jersey. It's a long overdue trip. Bob's folks have some major health issues going on, and it's pretty unlikely that they'll be traveling down to Texas in the future. We are looking forward to visiting with our family. Lots to catch up on!

Just some randomness.
Something that brought a tear to my eye this morning: Seeing Tiger Woods cry after winning the British Open. All because of a great relationship with his dad.

Something that made me laugh this morning: A bumper sticker that read "I would rather hunt with Dick Cheney than drive in a car with Ted Kennedy." I'm sorry, is that sick to laugh at that?? It was only 9:00 in the morning, so maybe I wasn't quite awake yet.

Steve and Michelle get back from Holland on July 30th. I've missed them!

We brought up a U-Haul trailer to Arkansas this weekend and moved Becca into her new apartment. She's only been home for the summer for a little over a week. I've missed her!

Pam came home for a night and then took off to Camp Esperanza where she's counseling 9 - 10 year old girls who have or have had cancer. I've missed her too! But she'll be back for a wedding in August.

School starts for me August 7th. Where did the summer go?

Smile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Sounds like a great way to end the "summer" (as defined by the LISD - we all know summer officially ends in N. Texas somewhere around Thanksgiving!). I'm so jealous of all of you who are taking end-of-the-summer vacations.

Thanks, too, for the sweet card!

And...no, I think that line about Kennedy and Cheney is pretty dang funny!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home