Wednesday, June 21, 2006

25 Things I would like to do...within the next 10 years (this idea stolen from Brent, but modified)

I want to be fluent in Spanish.

I want to be "fluent" in ballroom and latin dancing. Meaning I want to be able to dance smoothly.
I want to be able to make a positive difference in the lives of my students.

I want to be a better friend.

I want to be a grandma who's fun. (No pressure. I said within 10 years.)

I want to go to Italy with my family (including parents and brothers).

I want to have another family reunion that's not a wedding or a funeral.

I want my garage to be clean.

I want to go on a real vacation with my husband where work is not an option.

I want the school year to be shorter and summers to be longer. (I'm a teacher.)

I want to exercise more. (without my back hurting)

I want to go back to London and Paris with Bob even if he has to work on the trip.

I want to be used by God to bring someone into a relationship with Him.

I want to get all my photographs organized before I forget who the people are in the pictures.

I want to be free of debt. (oh, this might take a little longer.)

I want to remodel my master bathroom. (see why the previous point might not happen?)

I want to save some money for retirement. (should have thought of that a while ago. the bathroom remodel may not happen.)

I want to see my children playing music together. (The girls on the piano and Steve on the guitar.)

I want to have Lasik, but I'll let Bob go first.

I want to be computer-savvy. Technology-competent.

I want to go on a mission trip.

I want to see my parents turn 80 and have four generations present at a reunion.

I want to make a difference in the lives of the high school girls I teach in small group bible study.

I want to grow my hair long again. (shades of the 70's)

And...I want to finish this blog!

9 Comments:

Blogger Work in Progress said...

I like your list.

I like you.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

I can help you with the mission trip thing!

And, I'll let you and Bob BOTH go first on the lasik thing...I'm a chicken.

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your list too! Especially about being "80"-after tomorrow, only 9 years to go!!! And we do need to have another family reunion with T-shirts and all. Can we fit everyone on it???

10:38 AM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I have a short book you would enjoy by Michael Yaconnelli. It's called "Dangerous Wonder." You would like it because it's about seeing God through the eyes of "childlike" faith. It's a quick read. Let me know if you'd like to check it out!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Yes, I would like to read it. Thanks!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I'll be at church tomorrow at 5. If you will be there around that time let me know and I'll bring it!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

We will probably be at the 6:30 service. Do you want to leave it at the greeters table? I can pick it up there. Thanks so much!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I'll leave it there with your name on it!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home