Sunday, August 20, 2006

Did I hear someone say fall?

I haven't felt like blogging this week...
- it was the first week of school.
- Becca was still at home and packing to leave for Arkansas by the end of the week.
- we just came off a very busy weekend with Pam and John in town to attend a wedding.
- my brain feels fried from trying to assimilate all the info I received during four long days of inservice.
- I haven't been at home on a weekend without distractions since beginning of July
- I think I'm just really tired AND
- IT"S TOO DARN HOT HERE IN TEXAS RIGHT NOW!!!

Sorry, but I think (no, I know) this weather is making me a bit cranky. It zaps any energy I think I might have at the start of the day. I've been in Texas since 1978. Been through alot of hot summers. Thought this transplanted Yankee had pretty much acclimated herself to these Texas summers. Maybe it's the fact that I'm older and am allowed to be cranky. Whatever...this summer hasn't been a picnic in the park. Rather like a chair in the air-conditioned house.

I guess I'm just whining. Hot weather will do that to you. But I'll end this on a positive note. I'm thankful for my air-conditioned house. And thankful for the jobs Bob and I have that can pay for the huge electric bill we get when the temperatures are over 100 for, how many days in a row now?

Come on fall!! You can't come soon enough. Bring on those sweatshirts. I can feel it getting cooler as I type. (actually the a/c just came on...again.)

Stay cool. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I hear you, sistah! Man, I hate the heat. I feel like I melted about a month ago. I'm looking forward to my trip next week to South Carolina (to see my mom) just to remember what temps in the low 90's feels like! I tremble in fear to think about what our CoServ bill will be - ouch.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's hot here too!! You should take time out for a dip in the pool. We've set our a/c at 79 during the day, but after a short dip, it feels a lot cooler. Then, we set it at 77 for sleeping. Should make a difference with the a/c bill. At least I hope so. Our meter gets read tomorrow and I'm reading it too!!! I'm always thinking that they're wrong. They can

7:45 AM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Mom,
My thermostat is set at 79 also. We don't even turn it down at night. But it feels so much cooler than the outside temp. Yeah, haven't felt like going in the pool. Even too hot for that.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home