Friday, September 22, 2006

Just thinking...

Okay, it's been awhile since I've blogged. Had blogger's block. And my days have been so busy, I just want to come home and chill out. I have all these good intentions to do productive things in the evenings, but I've been so tired that I just end up wanting to just sit and watch an episode of Arrested Development and fall asleep. Yea, it's been so exciting...

I've started again with physical therapy for my back. (I think it's just arthritis setting in the joint. Getting old is so much fun.) I went back to the same place I've been before. Only now there's a different PT there and a new machine. An electrical stimulation machine that feels like "your skin is ripping off." Yes, that's how the PT said it should feel like, and...he was right! I told him it's been 20 years since I felt pain like this. But it's supposed to help with the healing process. We'll see. I think I'd feel alot better just taking anti-inflammatory drugs. A nice side effect of this machine is that it builds muscle. But where he was putting the pads is not where I needed to add any muscle! I didn't need anymore inches in that area. Apparently athletes hook themselves up to this machine, take the pain, and then can benchpress at higher rates. Hmmm...not sure about this.

Yea, I went from PT to dance class one evening. I think I undid all the PT that night. But dancing was so much more fun than the machine!

Saw a car commercial on TV last night that was disturbing to both Bob and I. It showed what looked like a happy family on a trip in the car. It ends with the car stopping at a house and letting the dad out. He hugs his kids and says "Thanks for letting me be with you this weekend." Then the mom pulled away with the kids. How sad. Now we have commercials about split families. Is this the norm now? Why does the car company feel they have to target divorced families? Wow.

Well, now it's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend. Bob and I are joining a new couples bible study with our friends. It's about Love and Respect. I'm thinking we're going to have some fun with this. The people involved have a sense of humor. They're our age (or not very far behind) and we've known most of them for a long time. But we will try to take it seriously...

Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,
Glad to see you blog again...but sorry your back is not feeling well. I am also looking forward to the couples bible study :)
Babette

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you blogging again too. At least I know you're okay, even though your back is hurting. Sorry about that. I had that same treatment that you're having to go through. Does that account for the extra inches I've got??? I don't think so...

5:36 AM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I've missed your blogs - especially after that last post being so scary! Sorry about the back. THis age thing sucks. "Aging gracefully" - hmmm, is that possible? Does graceful include kicking and screaming every step of the way??? =-)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Amy of the Hill said...

Ouch! I used to have that elect. stim. machine, too! It was not even a tiny bit fun. Dancing sounds much more fun. I'll pray you get better fast. OH, and you are not old!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home