Saturday, August 26, 2006

I got a silk robe out of it

It's been a long week. Bob left for his Asia trip early Saturday morning. I always hate it when he has to leave on a weekend. As soon as he left, I went into "tornado mode" and started cleaning the house. We hadn't been home on a weekend without distractions for several weeks and the house had been neglected. By about 5:00 pm I was ready to call it quits. There were many moments that day when I was wishing Bob was home to either help me or take me away from the cleaning. But he was still flying. First stop was Vietnam, then Thailand, then Japan, then finally home yesterday. Lots of flying in just seven days. Needless to say he was very tired when he arrived at DFW. But my husband still felt awake enough to go by Jimmy John's for sandwiches and Chick-Fil-A for sweet tea to surprise me for lunch at school. I missed him. He's been my best friend for 32 years. I don't like it when he's gone so long. The house was too quiet. Mish and Steve were wonderful to stop by and say hello, playing rummikub and all. I love them for caring about me. But I still missed Bob and am very glad he's back home safe.

P.S. Steve and Mish told us we're supposed to get a "cold front" this week. Maybe in the 90's? One can only hope.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love you first, and rummikub second. just to clarify :)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're glad he's home too!!!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

I think it was only in the 80's here yesterday (in South Carolina). Later this week the high is supposed to be upper 70's. Ahhh....now where's my parka???

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home