Monday, March 05, 2007

It's war

I'm in a battle right now. Maybe not a physical one, but definitely a spiritual one. Everyone has most likely been through them in their lifetime as a Christian. As long as we are living in this world, we will need to do battle. The devil is alive and grabbing hold. Right now he's holding onto someone I love dearly. And I don't want him to win this. He's on one side, I'm on the other. I'm reaching out and trying to grab hold of my loved one, trying to pull her out of his snare, but the grip is weak and I feel like I'm losing my footing. Why do I feel like this? Is it doubt? Am I trying to do this on my own power? Everything I believe tells me I cannot win this battle on my own strength. All of my past experiences in dealing with the devil tells me I need the Lord's power. I can grab hold of my loved one, but it is God's strength and power on my side that will win this. Now am I patient enough to wait for that time when God will extract the evil stronghold? I don't feel very patient right now. I'm worried and scared. I don't feel like I have on my whole set of armor to do battle. The battle may be long, but I can't grow weary. I can't back down. Too much is at stake. But God knows that. He knows my heart. He knows my loved one. He loves me. He loves her. She's his child. He brought her into the world. She belongs to him. He won't give her up. It's a battle and it's war. But God is up for it. And he will be victorious!

2 Comments:

Blogger Work in Progress said...

Mom,
I hope your blogger clock is wrong and you weren't typing at 4:52 am. If so, I'll be praying for your sleep! I know dad will be home soon.
I have a coworker at the hospital that is wonderful accountability. When I am talking about a friend and say something like, "I think it will be a good opportunity for me to reach her" Sarah says, "You mean, for God to reach her?" Even though in my heart that's what I want to mean, my words convey what I really think at times. I need the reminder to pass the task on to God and His strength and wisdom. Yeah, it's war...

7:29 AM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Satan is definitely a subtle snake. Hang in there...glad Bob is home. I like those first couple of days, too, but it does get old fast. (Maybe a bagel and coffee date with your hubby will help!)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home