Friday, April 28, 2006

I've been tagged

My friend Brent "tagged" me and now I'm in this game. I'm the kid who didn't follow the rules (sound familiar?) and played the wrong way. But now I'm back in because I love playing games. So here goes:

4 jobs I've had (among several in my half-century life!):
1. dental assistant/receptionist/office manager - in high school, at a whopping $1.25 an hour. It was just me and the dentist. Sometimes I actually babysat for him also. It was a job I could walk to and I didn't have a car.
2. customer service person at Montgomery Ward - summer job in Florida. Hated it. I was expected to take back dirty underwear.
3. Special Education teacher for fifth graders - current job and I love it.
4. Best job ever...Working at the candy counter in the Rutgers Student Center! Didn't pay well in money, but great in candy!

4 movies I'd watch over and over again:
1. It's a Wonderful Life
2. White Christmas
3. Lord of the Rings - all 3
4. Star Wars - all 3 originals

4 places I've lived:
1. Astoria, Queens, NY (birthplace)
2. Old Tappan, NJ (childhood home)
3. New Brunswick, NJ (college)
4. Dallas/Richardson/Flower Mound, TX

4 places I've loved to vacation at:
1. All three places my folks have lived in Florida - West Palm Beach, San Blas, Lecanto
2. Strathmere, NJ (Bob's folks' shore house)
3. Santa Barbara
4. San Diego

4 concerts I was glad I went to (these are old!):
1. Billy Joel at the Rutgers Gym (70's)
2. Beach Boys at Princeton (also in 70's)
3. Loggins and Messina in Englewood , NJ (high school)
4. Michael W. Smith at Six Flags

4 dishes I love to eat:
1. King Crab legs (with lots of butter!)
2. My mom's meatballs and spagetti
3. My son Steve's gyro sandwiches (he makes a great pecan crusted chicken salad too!)
4. Chili cheese fries

4 sites I visit daily:
1. More than four since my family of bloggers keeps expanding! See my Blog Buddies.
2. LISD main site (just because I work there)
3. Ladyback Soccer (during soccer season in the fall)
4. And once in awhile I'll check American Airlines just hoping there might be some low fares out there. HA!

4 Places I'd rather be right now:
1. At Einsteins with Bob (it would be Saturday morning)
2. On the back porch of my parents' home in Lecanto, drinking a glass of wine and playing rumikub. (very relaxing)
3. On a road trip anywhere (scenic route...no way!)
4. Listening to the sound of the waves and seagulls on a beach somewhere.

4 blog buddies I'm tagging:
1. Little brother Steve (you said you were diving in, well, get in!)
2. Sis-in-law Amy
3. Pammie Sue
4. Son-in-law John

5 Comments:

Blogger Work in Progress said...

The "scenic routes...no way" comment prompts me to think: "ANOTHER u-turn?" That's the last time we'll mapquest southern California.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

I just glanced at my own blog and saw that spell check must have changed "lecanto" (my folks' home) to locknut. Sorry Mom and Dad. I know you don't live in locknut.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Work in Progress said...

Yeah, I was confused. But I've only been there once. twice? I think just once. :)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Amy of the Hill said...

Yes, I agree that Steve needs to dive in. I think I'll have to 'splain to him that you need to blog more than just once. :0)

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No!! We don't live in locknut. But, that's all right, as long as you know where we live. So glad that you relax with us!! Wish you could come more often!!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home