Monday, April 17, 2006

Waste of a Day Off

I had today off from school as it was "Easter Monday." I love having a long weekend. And it was a wonderful one at that. ButI hate wasting a day off from work and that's what happened today. I had previously made two doctor's appointments for myself. What was I thinking?? Before the first appointment, which was before noon, I spent two hours on the computer trying to figure out how to make changes to my blog's template. I could not figure out the code. It was very frustrating. So I went to the appointment without making any progress on the blog. I get to the doctor's office right on time, but didn't see the doctor until an hour later. Didn't he realize my time was precious?? Okay, then I have to rush home, grab a quick bite to eat, and run off to the next appointment. I get to that one on time also, only to have to wait one hour and 15 minutes before I finally see the doctor for all of 10 minutes if that. So now I'm thinking that I've had a whole day off from school, and I've spent a good deal of the day waiting around in a doctor's office. Granted, I know it could be alot worse. Anyway...the good thing is I finally figured out how to add changes to the template. After playing around with it for an hour this evening, it worked! But now I'm really tired and need to get some rest. This week is TAKS week for my fifth graders and I'm testing the next three days. So I'll say goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy of the Hill said...

Did you at least get to read any good magazine articles during all of your waiting?

8:44 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

No, that was the other thing I didn't like about the waiting. No good "trashy" magazines. Only National Geographic (I had already read the issue in another doctor's waiting room) Waterskiing magazine (good magazine choice for an orthopedic's office) and AARP. (sorry, not ready to read that yet.) Usually the doctor's office is where I get to read the latest issue of People. Oh well...

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home