Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Flapjacks?

Today I took off work to get a repeat mammogram. I had gone for my yearly mammo about two weeks ago. Last Thursday, just as I was going into a meeting at school, I got a call on my cell from the imaging center. A suspicious, dense area is what they said. I needed to come to a different location and have the mammo repeated. Well, suddenly I felt a little warm, and I don't remember much from the meeting. I came home exhausted. But I knew I needed to not dwell on it. So I went off with Bob to our Y class determined to not let worry ruin my evening. I got to talking with a friend of mine there. She noticed I wasn't my usual happy self (as happy as you can be while you're lifting weights) and asked me how my day was. I eventually told her about my mammo results. She quickly reassured me, saying that she always has to have a repeat mammo. Every time. And it turns out just fine. So I went home a bit more encouraged. The weekend came and there was more than enough things to think about to keep the focus off myself. So when I went this morning, I felt like it was just a routine visit. I did ask Bob to come with me, as I wasn't sure I would take bad news very well. If there was any bad news. And there wasn't! The repeat mammo showed it to be normal. The suspicious area was no where to be seen. The radiologist assured me that everything looked great. So I walked into the waiting area all smiles and ready to go on with the day. Praising God, yes, praising God. Our God is an awesome God. He reigns from heaven above. With wisdom, power and love. Our God is an awesome God! That's all I have to say.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do get a "scare" every once in a while, but thank God for the good news!!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

This summer was the first time EVERY that I did not have to have a repeat mammo. It is a frightening thing to hear those words that the test showed "something." Thank you, God, for such good news yesterday!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Ooops - that should be EVER (not EVERY).

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very glad to hear the good news see you soon....
Babette

4:39 PM  
Blogger Work in Progress said...

I have a guess at what your title, "Flapjacks" is refering to, and I'm disgusted. But I'm sure glad your boobies are spotless.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Free and Living said...

Mom, I second what Pammie said!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Didn't mean to disgust you. Sorry...

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I meant...I second that I'm sure glad your boobies are spotless. And I feel weird that I just typed it. I love you so much and am so glad you're ok. You're the best mom-in-law ever and I'm surely blessed!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Wow, so much talk about boobies.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flapjacks, silver dollars,crepes, breakfast stack, grand slam.....I don't care. I love you because of who you are and Whose you are. God has blessed me brilliantly with you, eternally with you, abundantly with you.

All My Love Always,

8:34 PM  
Blogger Amy of the Hill said...

why is it that when a test is "abnormal", they don't let you come in right away to re-check? that always bugs me. i am glad you are healthy and whole... and i thought your title was cute!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home