Thursday, October 05, 2006

Things that make me smile...

It's been a tiring week. I haven't slept well and it's taken a toll on me. So as I head into the weekend, I thought I'd think of things that make me smile...just to get me in a happier mood.
Like:
- the fact that it will be Friday tomorrow!
- that I get to wear jeans to school. That means I don't have to spend countless, wasteful minutes standing in my closet saying that I don't have anything to wear.
- that I taught the meaning of prime numbers to fifth graders today and they actually thought it was fun.
- that The Office and ER are on tonight, and I think we may actually tape The Office (after 2 unsuccessful tries - we didn't have the TV on the right channel, duh?)
- that my husband cleaned the family room and the kitchen last night while I was at church with the teenagers (we just finished painting and stuff in the house and it was really, really dusty!)
- that girls I had in last year's bible study give me a hug and sit down to talk with me
- that girls I have this year are opening up and warming to me
- that I'm just 2 days away from having my Saturday morning date with Bob at Einstein's. I start getting a craving for a Dutch apple bagel and vanilla hazelnut coffee about now.
- that Bob and I are going with our friends, Dan and Donna and Bob and Kellie, to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at Fair Park Music Hall on Saturday afternoon and then out to dinner! I read in the paper that the lead is hilarious. Better than Steve Martin. Like "Jack Black on crack" the critic said. Yikes!
- that it's fall...my favorite time of the year. Even though it's still too darn hot out.
- that Bob and I will be traveling up to see Becca this month, the prettiest time of the year in Fayetteville.
- that our church seems a bit more energized after last Sunday's awesome message by Pete Briscoe. I'm looking forward to seeing a revival brought on by unity in the congregation.
- that a friend of mine is interviewing for a job at my school and I get to sit in on the interview.
- that colleagues at work seem to appreciate me. A welcome change from a previous job situation!
- that tomorrow is Friday and I get to sleep in a bit on Saturday! Did I say that already???
Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,
I hope you and Bob have an awsome weekend!
Babette

4:53 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Thanks Babette! You too! I guess I missed a fun Bunco!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

But you need to understand that we enjoy what we are doing in our busy moments. And...we do take time to rest and relax. We're learning. I'm glad I make you happy!

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember...leave early for your Fair Park date...it's Tx/OU weekend.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home