Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Verse to Remember

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

I memorized these verses a long time ago. And I've brought them to memory many, many times in my life. See, I need to be reminded over and over again.

C.H. Spurgeon wrote this: "When God made thee a believer, He meant to try thee; and when He gave thee promises, and bade thee trust them, He gave thee such promises as are suitable for times of tempest and tossing...His Word of promise is meant to be tried and proved...use God's promises as everyday sources of comfort. Trust the Lord whenever your time of need comes on."

"Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Lord, I know I've got to trust. And I know you've promised to keep me in your hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home