Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Is summer here yet?

I can definitely tell we are nearing the end of the school year...
- Becca's blogs are getting shorter and fewer
- Pam's blogs are still long, but have that sense that she's really, really busy with school, work
and married life in general
- I haven't been able to come up with anything very interesting to blog about
- all my students just want to play all day; they've pretty much "checked out" and my patience
with this class of ADHD kids is wearing very thin
- I've been getting to work later and later each week (and I haven't been the only one!)
- the teachers at school have been showing alot of "educational" movies lately
- everyone's using their remaining vacation/sick days for "mental health" days
- we've been getting alot of substitutes at school whose names we can't pronounce and who
don't seem to understand or speak English very well
- there's a look about the teachers in the hallway that says we are all tired and worn out and
summer can't come soon enough!
- I'm already thinking of all the things I want to do after school gets out (like sit in the backyard
with my feet up and read a book! I might even try out the hammock. No, I don't think my back
could take that.)
Maybe I'll be able to think up some interesting things to blog about...

4 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Yeah, I'm a bit irritated that after the TAKS test our local school district pretty much shuts down. They waste May...of course, from a kids perspective that's GREAT, followed by "I'm so bored at school these days." Even they know they're killing time. But, in their defense, it's a very good school district and the teachers and students do work VERY HARD during the year anyway...so I'll take my minor irritation in trade for the good benefits of the LISD.

And, if you want to "test drive" a Cadillac-quality hammock before making the investment, stop by my pad and give it a whirl. I'll even let you borrow Lloyd to sit at the far end so your experience will be complete.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just relax, you've earned it!!!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Brent, Thanks for the offer of the hammock. We actually have one that Steve bought and slept in at his house in Lubbock. It really doesn't look all that comfortable. In fact, I would guess that's where Steve's back problems began. Your hammock (with dog, of course) sounds much more inviting. And I agree with you about how the month of May is wasted. I would much rather be teaching than "babysitting." One of my students walked in the Monday after TAKS week and asked, very surprised, "We're having math class still???" I won't tell you how I replied!:)

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's not assume that because kids give the impression that school has "shut down", that that is indeed the truth. How old are they anyway? Most kids are BORED at school most days. its the nature of that beast. Keep it in perspective, please.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home