Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fruity Surprise

I have the best kids ever!

I came home from school today around 6:00 pm. On the way home, I was thinking that I really should stop at the grocery store because we were sort of low on "snack foods" (comfort foods, really) in the house. I was ravenous, but I was also too tired to stop. Even though I had off Monday, it seems like it's been a long week. The students don't want to be in school. The teachers' patience is growing slim. And my students still have three days of state testing next week for which I need to prepare them. Yeah, right.

So when I got home, I headed right to the refrigerator to see what I could find. And lo and behold, there's this beautiful "edible arrangement" sitting on the top shelf in the fridge. About two minutes later, Steve calls and asks if I could get him a drink from the refrigerator. Funny Steve.

Apparently my wonderful children got together to get me this birthday gift. Steve, Mish, Becca, Pam, and John...thank you! I love you all and just wish you were here to help your dad and I eat this! You're all the best and I thank God for your loving and caring hearts.

6 Comments:

Blogger Work in Progress said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!!

We love you. And...it was Becca's great idea. We just helped her shop for it.

What can I say? We have the best mom ever.

Yummmmm....those pineapple flowers look good...

8:01 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

They are! Your dad took some to work today too. It was very beautifully put together. The fruit is delicious. Thanks so much!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sue!!!
Best wishes to you.....and you do have great kids :)
Babette

5:27 AM  
Blogger Brent said...

Hmmm...when your kids were in my ministry, I heard all sorts of stories about how "snack foods" were never allowed in your house. In fact, if memory serves correctly, your husband would actually take the kids to the grocery store and sneak them Pop Tarts.

So, I guess maybe a fruit arrangement shows that they're good students of you!

And Happy Birthday!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Brent,
Where did you hear those stories???
Oh that Pop Tart story has been told for years now. It is one of our favorites.
Thanks!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Happy birthday! That is the coolest looking arrangement of fruit that I've ever seen. Hey - I could use some snacks around here, too.....

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home