Friday, April 20, 2007

Never Dull Moment Part 2

So yesterday I had to give my students the 5th grade Science TAKS. We had only been testing about 30 minutes when I hear this blood-curdling scream. One of my students was gripping his mouth, while tears were running down his face. It appears that while "munching" on a lollipop, not sucking on it like you should, he pulled out a tooth. There in his hand was his tooth embedded in a wad of lollipop. I did my best to console this child, although I had to smile and chuckle a bit at the whole scene. It was rather funny. The whole class took a break from testing. Not much was going to be accomplished at this moment. I sent the student down to the nurse so he could retrieve his "tooth fairy treasure chest." I'm not sure if the tooth and the lollipop could fit in the box. I'd let the nurse handle that one.

So now it's Friday. No more TAKS tests!! And only 5 more weeks of school!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home