Friday, May 11, 2007

The Best Mother's Day Present...Ever!

Twenty-one years ago, I received the best Mother's Day present. The date was May 11, 1986. Now I had to wait 9 months to see this wonderful gift, but she was well worth the wait. Well worth the morning sickness. Well worth the swelling. Well worth it all. At 8:07 p.m., after some nine hours of labor (the shortest by far for me), my beautiful Rebecca Leigh was born. All 8 lbs. 9 oz., and 21 inches of her. She was ready to be born. She had been a kicker and mover the entire pregnancy. It was a definite forshadowing of her personality. Active, yes that she was...and is. She took on her brother...and anyone else in her path. Happy and smiling, she didn't stay mad for very long. With a great sense of humor, she brought joy and laughter to our house. We have loved her and she has loved back. Every Mother's Day I am reminded of the wonderful gift God has given me...Happy Birthday Becca Boo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nine hours! you should get an award for all of the births!!! more than just a sudoku book...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Yeah, your loving husband took 28 hours!!

I do love the sudoku book! Thanks!

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home