Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Best Mother's Day Present Ever

Twenty years ago today, I received the best Mother's Day present ever. A beautiful baby girl was born to Bob and I. We named her Rebecca Leigh. The name sounded like a Southern Belle. Becca, as we called her right away, was born at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, at 8:07 pm, after 9 hours of labor. She weighed in at 8lbs. 9 oz. and was 21" long. She didn't have much hair (unlike her brother and sister!) and it was very light (again, unlike, Pam and Steve). She was beautiful and healthy, and we all loved her. I was very glad she had finally arrived. My pregnancy with her was not much fun. I had severe morning sickness, much more so than with my other pregnancies. There were times I was so sick, I had wished I wasn't pregnant anymore. Becca moved around inside of me and kicked so much (yes, the future soccer player!) that it made me nauseous. But I can't imagine life without this beautiful child. I had a miscarriage early on in a pregnancy right before. There are times I think that Becca would not have been born had that miscarriage not occurred. The Lord blessed Bob and I with this baby who would grow up into an amazing young woman. Becca has brought into our family much joy and laughter. She has been mischievious and active to where we had to harness her in some situations. (Pictures of Becca on a rope are hilarious.) She has persevered and worked to get where she wanted to be ever since she was little. Hard work is no stranger to her. She is friendly and loves to make people laugh. And she is loyal. But most of all, she is a woman seeking the Lord. I cannot be more happy than to know that she is a child of God who desires to follow His ways. So today, twenty years later, our beautiful Becca leaves the teenage years behind and enters the next stage in her life. Rebecca, may the Lord bless you as He has most abundantly as you continue to do His will in your life. HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY!!! We love you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy of the Hill said...

that is so sweet!

...you should post a pic of her on a rope!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Brent said...

20 years in a row! That's pretty good, because I like hanging out with people who are literally half my age.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home