Friday, May 26, 2006

School's out for the summer

I got to sleep in this morning. So instead of waking up at 5:00 am, I rolled out of bed at 7:30. Now the consequence of sleeping in is that I have to make the bed. We've had this unwritten rule in our marriage that whoever gets out of bed last has to make the bed. Well, for the last 10 years or so, since I've been teaching, Bob is usually the one to have to do this. He's not a morning person, though I don't know very many who are at 5:00 in the morning. It takes me much longer to get ready in the morning (it's a woman thing) and I don't like to rush. I absolutely hate starting off the day rushing. It gives me a bad attitude. So I most always get up before Bob, but somehow he leaves the house before me. So summer is not easy for Bob. I get to stay in bed longer. But atleast he doesn't have to make the bed.

So this morning I decided to go up to the Y and start my summer off on the right start. Actually, the hippo on Lori's blog was the best. You've got to take a look. It made me laugh. Anyway...while I'm walking on the treadmill, I was watching CNN Headline News. It catches me up on what's going on in the world. I usually read the Dallas Morning News at breakfast. That is, I scan the front page, then head for the sports (Mavericks, you blew it!) and then metro sections. But while listening to CNN this morning, I hear two of the most ridiculous stories. I thought I'd have to share them since they were so stupid. One was about a man, who was probably in his 30's, who was convicted of sexual assault of a child. The judge ruled that he shouldn't go to prison because he was "too short!" He is 5'1" and the judge thinks he wouldn't "survive" in prison. Give me a break! What message is this sending?? Okay, then the other story was about a survey that determined that surgeons who played video games just prior to surgery performed better in the surgery. Will we now have video game playing as a requirement in medical school? I would love to know what the unsuspecting patients felt who were part of this survey. Which game is better to play right before you take a person's heart out? Okay, enough. I've got to get on with my day. My summer vacation's starting. I think I'll go make some coffee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Work in Progress said...

A 5'1" man wouldn't survive in a prison of preying 6'-plus men in the same way that child didn't survive the predatory 5'1" jerk. So...what's fair? Send him to prison, for cryin' out loud.

And Mom, happy summer to you! I'll be seeing you soon!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home