Monday, June 11, 2007

Well, here we go!

So the bad news first: (that's what I usually ask for when someone asks, "Do you want to hear the good news first, or the bad news?" I tore my ACL. Yeah, pretty good. I saw the MRI and it's just a floppin'. My MCL is partially torn. Everything else looked fine. The orthopedic is pretty conservative. He told me he would do nothing for atleast three or four weeks. Then it's my decision about having surgery or not. He said many people can live without a working acl. I told him I like to dance. He said then I'd probably need the surgery. So right now, it looks like I will probably be scheduling surgery in August after planned vacations. I'll be back with PT for a few months. The brace will be my partner for awhile. Oh well... Okay, so in my last blog I said I was NOT going to Europe with Bob. Well, we are both leaving tomorrow. Yes, I decided that if the orthopedic said it was a go, I was going with Bob. We had planned this trip as a couple, and brace or no brace, I'm in. It took a little convincing from a bunch of different people (and some prayer!), so now I'm packing. We shortened the original trip a few days, thinking that I would be a bit more tired. My knee aches some and if I'm not careful how I walk, a sharp pain reminds me. But I've got my meds, ipod, and sudoku book, so I'm ready for the plane. Bob even bought me one of those cushy neck pillows. I'm going with no expectations and no agenda basically. It's kind of nice. We know we won't be doing the major sightseeing we did last June, but that's just fine with us. We will be moving around a bit because of business, which makes me somewhat nervous. Bob got us the good seats on the plane because of my knee. And we are flying alot, to London, to Munich, to Stockholm, then back to London. I'm just excited about spending this time with Bob. I'd rather be hobbling around in Europe with him, than sitting home in muggy Texas without him. So off we go. I'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy of the Hill said...

Yay! I am so glad you get to go to Europe! I hope you have fun and that your leg does not hurt you too much! Let us know how it goes.
See ya soon!! :0)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Sue, I just got your message about coming to germany. I don't have your e-mail address or your phone number. I am not too far from Munich. I really can't put my information on the internet publicly - so please ask Steve about my numbers. Or call Sharon Gelnett or Phyllis Neal - they have my home phone number. When in Germany you don't have to dial the 49 but you do have to dial a 0 no matter where you are. I hope this gets to you.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home