Friday, August 31, 2007

Small Sweet Victories

I went to my orthopedic doctor yesterday and he scared me. Well, actually, he meant to motivate me. And it worked. After taking out my stitch (Yes, only one long stitch. Truly amazing!), he was interested in seeing how my flexibility in my knee was doing. So I showed him how far I could bend my knee. Then he tells me that if I don't get to a certain point in two weeks, he will have to manipulate my knee under anesthesia. Now that's not going to happen if I can help it! So I left his office a bit worrisome but determined. I had a PT appointment right after my doctor visit. I walked in and told my therapist that I am just going to have to work harder because I am not going to have someone bend my knee like that. He laughed and said they use a hammer while I'm asleep. Okay, 'nuff said. One of the hardest exercises has been getting on the stationary bike. I will never take for granted the fact that I can ride a bike! Up until yesterday, I could only rock back and forth. I wasn't able to make a full revolution. Very, very frustrating. But I said, up until yesterday. Yes, I finally was able to go all the way around! You should have heard me when it happened. I think everyone in the room did. Oh, for the small victories. Praise God.

I just have to share another answer to prayer. And this one is so sweet. Becca emailed from Florence to say that she is getting along wonderfully with her new apartment mates. There are six of them sharing three bedrooms. We had been praying that she would meet a Christian girl while in Florence. Well, her roommate, Natalie, is a Christian. Becca and she have already bonded and are going to a non-denominational, bible fellowship church in Florence on Sunday! How awesome is our God!

I had a wonderful thought this morning. Bear with me if it seems like I should have known this before, but...we are not singular entities walking around this earth. If we have loved as God wants us to love, then parts of us are all over the world. I realized this morning that I am well-traveled. I have parts of me all over the place...Florence, San Antonio, Portland, Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and oh, so many other places...and of course, Flower Mound. Because of the love God has bestowed upon me, I am able to love others. And my love does not stay with me, but goes out with those I have loved and multiplies. Now I know this is not profound, or some new thought, but it brought a smile to my face this morning...as well as a tear.

3 Comments:

Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Sounds pretty profound to me, FM Mom. Wow. What a thought!

Woo Hoo on making that revolution! You go girl!!!

9:28 AM  
Blogger cookiehawk77 said...

Congrats on the PT progress! Keep at it and there'll be no hammers for you!

We don't think those obvious but profound thoughts often enough. Praise God he can use us in so many ways and places as we impact those around us!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

I think that it's pretty cool how God provides as you're being so well-traveled...

...and that Becca has found a kindred spirit and maybe a church she can attend abroad.

That little part of your blog made my day already!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home