Thursday, October 04, 2007

Scratch, Patch and Dispatch

Have you ever thought how much time you have spent waiting in a doctor's office? It's got to be one of the most unpleasant places to be. At least that's what I'm thinking as I'm sitting at this moment in a waiting room at UT Southwestern Medical Center. This area of town is way too familiar to me. I've either been the patient, or have been the parent of a patient, which I have to say is worse. Either way, it's not a fun way to spend the day.

I'll not bore you with the details, but I'm here at the Clinic for Cosmetic Dermatology. I'm not getting a nose job, but the doctor is working on my nose. My nose is so numb that I can't breathe out of the one side. My upper teeth are numb too. Thankfully though, I'm not having any dental work done. The procedure takes awhile. They numb you up, scrape, and then you wait to see if they got it all. I'm hoping I don't have to go back in. Then it's off to wait in the plastic surgeon's office for the "repair work."

They wouldn't let me eat past midnight, though I'm not sure why. I've been thinking all morning about having something really big to eat for lunch...or dinner, depending on when I get out of here.

I made sure Bob got the VCR set up to tape "The Office." We just better get home in time for that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, I prayed for this to be the only procedure...no going back! I love you and am thinking of you. xoxo

8:52 PM  
Blogger Flower Mound Mom said...

Thanks Mish! Actually it took two procedures yesterday. Had to go to the plastic surgeon today, and that will also require a second surgery in a month. Yeah, it hasn't been my year. Keep praying.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I hate that it hasn't been your year. Maybe next year will be better! I love you, Mishy

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home